Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Korn Convocation Hall, Entrepreneurs Hall, 3rd Floor
UCLA Anderson School of Management
9:00AM - 12:00PM
09:00AM - 10:00AM Registration, Continental Breakfast & Networking
10:00AM - 12:00PM Panel Presentation, Audience Q&A
GENERAL ADMISSION: $25
(Includes UCLA Parking & Continental Breakfast)
Registration Required <<REGISTER HERE>>
UCLA FACULTY, STUDENTS & STAFF: Registration is complimentary for current UCLA faculty, students and staff. Confirmed registration is required for complimentary UCLA admission and your UCLA PHOTO ID will be required at check-in and must match the registration name. For UCLA faculty, students and staff registration, please email Julie Lindner.
The proposed Neighborhood Integrity Initiative, which has potentially sweeping implications for large-scale development in the City of Los Angeles, is being targeted for the March 2017 Los Angeles City election. This forum, a partnership of the UCLA Ziman Center for Real estate and the Los Angeles District Council of the Urban Land Institute, will bring together a panel of experts to discuss the Initiative’s potential impact. Key stakeholders include private developers, affordable housing developers, neighborhood associations, labor, transit-oriented development advocates, elected officials, planning professionals, and urban designers. The forum will focus heavily on the underlying issues raised by the Initiative, for example the state of the planning process in the City of Los Angeles, and on creating a viable path forward. The forum will also explore related topics such as the Build Better LA affordable housing ballot measure, and the recent call by Mayor Eric Garcetti and several council members to have the City’s 35 “community plans” revised by 2026, which would set the allowable size and density of development projects in neighborhoods throughout the City.
- David Abel (MODERATOR) Publisher & Editor-In-Chief, The Planning Report
- Dana Cuff, Director, cityLAB & Professor, UCLA AUD and UCLA Luskin School, Urban Planning
- Gail Goldberg, Executive Director, ULI Los Angeles
- Rusty Hicks, Executive Secretary-Treasurer, LA County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
- Mott Smith, Co-founder & Principal, Civic Enterprise
- Jill Stewart, Campaign Director, Coalition to Preserve LA
- Zev Yaroslavsky, Director, LA Initiative, UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs
- Jonathan M. Zasloff, Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law
For questions, please contact Julie Lindner, (310) 794-2022.
Exclusively Sponsored By